Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Non-Day Trading Experiment

With the market appearing to turn around, I have decided to embark upon an experiment and take anyone who is interested along for the ride.

Day trading is intriguing to me. I do not, however, believe I have the stomach for it. The risk is substantial and, having tested it to some mild degree with absolutely no success, I am convinced it is not something I am supposed to do.

That said, frequent, non-day trading might very well be my speed. In fact, I have been watching a few stocks that appear to be forming patterns. They have a broad enough range that it may be possible to profit from their existing cycles (the good old, buy low/sell high strategy).

I am specifically looking for stocks with strong patterns, a 15% or more spread and significant volume. At the moment they include Sprint, Dryships, Freddie Mac and and Las Vegas Sands Corporation. I have set them up in a test portfolio and will add and subtract stocks as I further evaluate them. I will also use alerts to place mock trades while I test my theory.

I would love input and feedback as I go. Please comment freely.

My first mock trade -- Buy Sprint at $3.55. (If the buy happens I will place a mock sell at $4.08.)

3 comments:

  1. Very nice real estate stuff I ever seen! Thanks for the info.

    Click here for: Homes Sunny Isles Beach for Sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this blog informative as I have interest in real estate and I bookmarked this link. Thank you for good job!

    Click here for : Surfside Houses

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of most informative real estate blogs. Hope to see more good things in next visit. Thank you for this

    Click here for : Miami Beach Houses

    ReplyDelete

Real Estate