Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Non-Day Trading Experiment - The 1st Buy

Today my mockfolio (mock-portfolio) received its first entry. My buy order (aka alert that my stock hit its target buy price) for Sprint was triggered. The mock-buy was for 1408 shares at $3.55. With a trade fee of $12.00 this means my first investment totals $5010.40.

Next step: sell at $4.0825 (I'll round up to $4.09.)

As for my watchlist:
  • Las Vegas Sands (LVS) - is overbought. I am waiting for it to cross into oversold territory before placing a buy.

  • Freddie Mac (FRE) - is headed toward oversold but I am still waiting for it to cross into actual oversold territory before placing my mock buy.

  • Dryships (DRYS) - is still lingering in overbought territory near 80%. I have no idea what this means for my trading experiment so I'm playing dead for the moment.

Note: I am evaluating: AMD, SLM, LSI, AKS, Q and ELN for possible additions to my watchlist.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I haven’t heard about anything like this previously. I have huge interest in real estate. Thanks

    Miami Homes Sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting real estate blog and I will do some research to learn more – keep the good work

    Click here for: Selling a Property

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great real estate blog. I do appreciate this. Thanks

    Click here for : Sell your Property

    ReplyDelete

Real Estate